I’m presently sunning myself in upstate New York but I thought I should keep you up-to-date on things VSMA.
Firstly, a few changes to members’ addresses, etc:
Ron Smith – new address is now Glentarkie Cottage, Glentarkie, Strathmiglo, Cupar, KY14 7RU
Gordon Neave address is 64 Corstorphine Road Edinburgh EH12 6JQ
Kenneth Strachan – new email now is email@example.com
Graeme Henderson’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Death of Members –
I got news recently that the following members had passed on:
W.L. Ramsay Shaw died in October 2015
Rusty Wilson died in December 2015
Robben Christie died in December 2015
I am pleased to welcome the following as members of VSMA:
Laurence Doonan from Penicuik
Graeme McGregor from Dundee
EVENTS: VSMA will not be represented this year at the Bo’ness Hill Climb Revival on the weekend of 3rd/4th September. The Directors decided to give this year’s event a bye as we had too much to prepare for the next Reunion the following month. From the literature we received from BHCR it looks to be a great weekend. There is now a change in the track layout which will help the flow of spectators considerably. A good few of our members will be competing again. So, why not go along and support them!
Just received an email from member John More, also a member of Coltness Car Club, suggesting that VSMA members might be interested in a classic cars run on Saturday 1st October. The route covers a range of interesting roads in South Lanarkshire, Scottish Borders and Mid Lothian. The start and finish (buffet ) are at the Dalserf Bowling Club, Ashgill with a lunch halt arranged at St Mary’s Loch. They are hoping for a good turn out of classic cars. If you are interested check out the details at coltnesscarclub.com or get in touch with John at email@example.com or contact John directly at 07740 696166.
You should all have had the”Regs” and “Entry Form” for the 6th VSMA Reunion on Friday, 14th October. I can report that we already have had a few submitted. Although the entries don’t “close” until 27th September, when the entry fee goes up to £50 per person, can I ask that if you intend coming along to the event send in your entry now. In case you have misplaced the forms I have attached a PDF of these below.
And finally from Marlyn Jack…..
Food for thought or not
I was lying around, pondering the problems of the world, I realized that at my age I don’t really give a damn anymore.
If walking is good for your health the postman would be immortal.
A whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water, but is still fat.
A rabbit runs and hops and only lives 15 years, while a tortoise doesn’t run and does mostly nothing, yet it lives for 150 years.
And you tell me to exercise?? I don’t think so.
Just grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked, and the good fortune to remember the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Now that I’m older here’s what I’ve discovered:
1. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
2. My wild oats are mostly enjoyed with prunes and all-bran.
3. I finally got my head together, and now my body is falling apart.
4. Funny, I don’t remember being absent-minded.
5. Funny, I don’t remember being absent-minded.
6. If all is not lost, then where the heck is it?
7. It was a whole lot easier to get older than to get wiser.
8. Some days, you’re the top dog, some days you’re the hydrant.
9. Kids in the back seat cause accidents.
10 Accidents in the back seat cause kids.
11. The world only beats a path to your door when you’re in the bathroom.
12. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he’d have put them on my knees.
13. It’s not hard to meet expenses . . . they’re everywhere.
14. The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
15. These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter . . I go somewhere to get something, and then wonder what I’m “here after“.
16. Funny, I don’t remember being absent-minded.
HAVE I SENT THIS MESSAGE TO YOU BEFORE. Or did I get it from you?